layout

I will miss you Carla

I lost a very dear friend this past Wednesday suddenly due to an unknown illness. Carla and I had been friends since 1987 when her dad was pastor of our church. We grew up together and continued our friendship. We lost touch for a couple of years during college but we reconnected in 2001. I really watched Carla over the last 6 years grow into a wonderful woman, wife, and mother to Linen. It is hard to imagine my life without her around. I last saw her a few weeks ago when she and her husband and daughter came to the house for Gavin's Birthday. If I only had spent more time with her that day. We take for granted that when we see someone that it may be the last time we see them. When I spoke to her last week she reassured me everything was okay and was concerned that I was concerned for her health and told me not to worry but to pray for her that her liver biopsy would go well. I know she never thought in a million years it would lead to this. She was the strongest, toughest person I knew.

Today we went to Radius church where they did a special service dedicated to Carla. It was very special. Afterwards we had lunch with Allison, Olivia, their husbands, Carrie and Lucas and we had some wonderful laughs remembering and sharing our stories of Carla. She always loved getting everyone together. We just all never thought she would be getting us together again under these circumstances.

I will miss you greatly. I know this happened to better God's Kingdom. You had such an impact on everyone you met and knew. I am so glad you had Linen so that you can live on through her.



No comments: